Healthcare Environmental Services Group operate our own waste treatment facilities and have developed one of the largest transfer stations for medical waste within the UK.
We have developed and commissioned one of the largest autoclave technology plants for handling medical and other difficult waste streams.
Our treatment technology decontaminates medical waste by steam penetration. Once the waste has been treated, we process the decontaminated waste through our shredding process ready for removal from site.
We are continually looking at various ways of reducing the finalised waste product from the process, which includes extruding metals and plastics from our finalised flock.
The key benefits of operating our own treatment equipment are:
- The ability to reduce harmful hazardous emission.
- We can actively reduce transport journeys throughout the UK by handling waste close to production.
Healthcare Environmental are licensed to handle over 60,000 tonnes of medical waste per annum through our batch disposal process and have invested in the latest technology for treating medical waste from all types of industries.
- We provide full Duty of Care audits for all steps of our treatment process.
- All material is weighed prior to processing.
- All material is inspected prior to treatment.
- We reduce all incoming waste by a minimum of 25% - helping our customers achieve their recycling targets.
- We reduce waste further by industrial shredding after processing, with a particle size of approximately 25mm.
Healthcare Environmental Services Group is committed to continually developing and utilising the latest technology for the treatment and disposal of medical wastes now and in the years ahead.
"A long-term disposal option for our customers and our environment guaranteed"