Healthcare Environmental- Waste Management
Heatlthcare Environmental Services Group, operate the largest independent medical waste treatment facility within the UK. Our Head Office in Shotts Lanarkshire is home to the latest technology for dealing with medical waste.
Commissioned in June 2004, the Bondtech autoclave sterilisation plant can deal with over 30,000 tonnes of medical waste each year. This latest equipment ensures that medical waste is handled efficiently and with the environment at the forefront of our plans. Our plant achieves sterilisation 200% above the UK standard therefore ensuring that we deal with waste effectively and with environmental compliance as our commitment.
- We are licensed to handle over 100,000 tonnes of medical waste within our waste management licences.
Within our indoor waste treatment facility we have a licensed area for dealing with all types of hazardous, Special waste, GMO, Animal By products and Laboratory Chemicals.
- We have Refrigeration Units on site to ensure that we operate at maximum efficiency at all times.
Our plants operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by trained professionals.
- We have a unique RFID / barcode entry system which tracks waste movements throught the lifetime of each collection.
Within our current Shotts complex we also operate the only re-usable sharps recycling system within Scotland. This plant has been tested to comply with the latest infection control standards including HTM 20/30.
- Clinical/Healthcare waste collection & treatment
- Hazardous waste collection & disposal
- Pharmaceutical waste disposal
- Radioactive waste disposal
- Dedicated storage recepticles & consumables
- Uniformed trained staff
- Specialised collections
We have plans to expand our treatment capacity with two new plants being commissioned with the near future.